Monday, the 4th I got with a group of people who were all there for the meetings and we got a bus ticket and toured around. We went to a lot of different monuments. I had to leave the group for about 2 hours to go meet with Senator Harry Reid in the Capital. That was interesting. We had to introduce ourselves and say where we were from. He said he remembers Lund, becuase he had his grandson in our 24th of July parade and they participated in our celebrations, but he only got 23% of our votes, so he obviously isn't very fond of Lund!! .JPG)
Tuesday, I got to meet Jim Matheson a Utah leader and we got to tour the capital. I also went to some of the smithsonian museums.
May 14, 2009
My trip to Washington DC
I left early morning on Saturday May 2nd for my trip to Washington DC. We spent most of the day traveling and once we made it to our hotel in Washington DC we didn't want to do anything, but go to dinner. So we ate a Phillips, which is a all you can eat seafood buffet. Sunday, we got up and went to sacrament meeting and then off to Gettysburg. We had a guy in our group that new his history, so he would tell us all about each stop in Gettysburg and who fought where, so I learned a lot about it. Although I know I wouldn't be able to repeat any of it. As you can see in most of my pictures, it rained the whole time I was back there, except the last day, when it was time to come home.
.JPG)
.JPG)
Wednesday was our last day there and I finally got to tour with my dad. He was in meetings all day Mon. and Tue, but every night I would meet up with him for dinner. Let me tell you, that I ate a lot and I weighed myself when I got home. I only gained 2 pounds. Each meal was a salad, appetizer, main dish, then dessert, and lots of refills on your drink. I am not used to eating like that, but I enjoyed it all. So Wed. we were going to go up the Washington memorial, but all the tickets for sold out for the day, so we went to the Holocaust Museum, walked to the vietnam memorial, WWII, and a few more museums, then we headed home. I took some pictures from the airplane for my kids. .JPG)
.JPG)
Can you guess where I am flying over??
I had a wonderful time and was glad that I was able to go. I was also glad to get home to see my family. Although I don't think my kids missed me that much, since they have such a great dad who took care of them. Micah and my kids did surprise me when I got to Utah. I was staying with Laralee(Micah's sister) the rest of the week for their sister's wedding and Micah wasn't going to come to Utah until Thur. morning, well they were already there waiting for me.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment